If you react with subtle panic at the impending end to Daylight Savings, you are not alone. With the exception of the twenty-something who is thrilled to have an extra hour at the bar, the rest of us are left with the dread of 4:30 pm sunsets and children who seemingly find a way to make parenting even more difficult than it already is.
This year instead of protesting the inevitable, we would like to offer you a list of ways to put that extra hour to use.
- Go online and pick up a new pair of Crocs.
- Prepare and eat your favorite fake meat.
- Take the time to doodle in your favorite font.
- Heck, create a font and contemplate early retirement.
- Turn all your Facebook notifications on so you never miss anything. Ever. Again.
- Choose the longest lines today. Hey, it’s a free hour.
- Watch as many YouTube videos as possible, just for the commercials.
- Update all your passwords to at least eight characters include symbols, numbers, and lowercase and uppercase characters.
- Grind your own coffee beans by hand.
- Write a thank-you note to Theo Epstein.